Table of Contents
- 1. Benefits Using Pulse Oximeters
- 2. Choosing the Best Oximeter
- Top 10 Best Pulse Oximeter Reviews
- 1. Medi-K Fingertip Pulse Blood Oxygen Monitor
- 2. Acc U Rate® Premium Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
- 3. FaceLake® Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Monitor
- 4. [email protected] Deluxe Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- 5. Danny's World® Pediatric Finger Pulse Oximeter - Yellow Bear
- 6. Nonin® Medical GO2™ Achieve Personal Pulse Oximeter
- 7. SantaMedical™ Finger Pulse Oximeter
- 8. Pulse Oximeter® Wrist Pulse Oximeter
- 9. HUGECARE Blue Finger Pulse Oximeter Mini USB Port
- 10. iHealth Air® Wireless Pulse Oximeter for Apple® and Android®
- Final Thoughts
The best pulse oximeters are used for people suffering from COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), CHF (congestive heart failure), and other conditions. Even people having no health problems like to see what their pulse rate is.
1. Benefits Using Pulse Oximeters
Oximeters use a technology to measure the oxygen level in your blood as well as giving you your heart rate. The finger pulse oximeter detects any changes of the oxygen in your blood so that you can control any disorder you might have.
The finger oximeter is easy to use by simply clipping it over your finger for an immediate blood oxygen readout by the built-in sensors. It will shine light through your finger and relay the oxygen level as a digital number on the screen with the oxygen percent. You will see your pulse rate as well.
The measurement is that of the hemoglobin—the protein in the blood that carries the oxygen. People without pulmonary (lung) issues, typically will have 95% to 99% percent oxygen levels.
A pulse oximeter lets crewmembers and passengers of an airplane to evaluate their real need for supplemental oxygen quickly and easily. However, the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) has not yet given any official recommendations for the use of pulse oximetry in flight.
2. Choosing the Best Oximeter
When breathing room air at or near sea level, an estimate of arterial pO2 (oxygen) can be made from the blood-oxygen monitor saturation of peripheral oxygen (SpO2) reading so be sure your oximeter gives this data.
Pregnant mothers-to-be, babies, and children can use oximeters, but please read the instructions that might prevent this.
Top 10 Best Pulse Oximeter Reviews
1. Medi-K Fingertip Pulse Blood Oxygen Monitor
The Medi-K second generation oximeter model JPD-500E is reliable and accurate measuring your SpO2 (blood oxygen saturation levels), pulse strength and rate and show those on the large and bright OLED (organic light-emitting diodes) panel. You can view the display in any direction, and detect the low battery level. It is perfect to use when pregnant.
Sports devotees, skiers, bikers, pilots, boaters, climbers, runners, and joggers will find measuring their rates easy with this device. It will fit all size fingers of any age person with its smart spring system.
The second generation includes both plethysmograph and perfusion index (PI) in the one unit. Each wave motion corresponds to one heartbeat and the amplitude is the amount of blood sensed in your blood vessels. If the PI is less than 0.2%, that means your hands are cold and not positioned correctly. So warm your hand and fingers and position your finger under the OLED lights.
The dimensions are about 3.1- x 2.5- x 1.8-inches weighing 1.8 ounces.
Gift-wrapping is available for your loved ones and sports friends. You will receive with the unit a neck/wrist cord, carrying case, 2 AAA batteries, User’s Manual and a 5-year Warranty.
2. Acc U Rate® Premium Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
The Acc U Rate® pulse oximeter is the best model for the company. The LED lights and sensor are enhanced and better than ever as a top seller on Amazon.com®. The 430/DL is accurate to ± 1% using plethysmograph waveform technology. It uses ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene) plastic for infrared shielding. it allows SpO2 (blood oxygen (O2) saturation level) and your pulse rate measurement even at low blood perfusion (flow through blood vessels). The power switch is easy to push on and off. It is multidirectional, uses OLED display, and has infrared protection.
The oximeter meets and exceeds FDA standards. It has been designed for sports people such as mountain and rock climbers, bikers, skiers, water rafters, and anyone interested in their SpO2 and pulse rate. This device is used by health care providers and manufactured to the standards being approved by CE and FDA.
The finger slot can be used for kids to adults with its smart spring system. It does not measure respiratory rate or have an alarm. It does not measure blood pressure. See blood pressure monitors here.
The dimensions are about 3.2- x 3- x 1.8-inches weighing 1.6 ounces. The included batteries last about 40 hours.
Gift-wrapping is available for your loved ones and sports friends. You will receive with the unit a black silicon cover, lanyard, pouch, 2 AAA batteries, User’s Manual and an 18-month Warranty. Acc U Rate® is a registered trademark of and exclusively distributed by Med Shop and Beyond.
3. FaceLake® Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Monitor
The FaceLake® pulse oximeter and blood oxygen monitor model FL400 / CMS-50DL will promptly display your blood SpO2 oxygen saturation arterial hemoglobin levels to include your pulse strength and rate in less than 10-seconds. The large red letters are easy to see on the LED screen.
Children and adults can use the pulse oximeter. The push button at the front top lets you turn it on and it automatically shuts off to conserve the energy from the batteries. Oximeters are used by doctors and others in the health care profession. Your heart rate will be shown on the bar graph. Your finger fits snuggly inside pressing the bottom push button to open with the spring action at the fingertip.
The unit has been designed, engineered, and tested to meet the FDA 510(K) number K082641 and CE standards.
The dimensions are 3.3- x 1.3- x 1.2-inches and weighs 1.8 ounces. The included batteries last about 30 hours.
Gift-wrapping is available for your loved ones and sports friends. You will receive with the unit a lanyard for wearing around your neck or wrist, carrying case, 2 AAA batteries, User’s Manual, a 30-day money back guarantee, and a 1-year Warranty.
4. [email protected]® Deluxe Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
The [email protected]® deluxe oximeter with OLED display in 4 directions and 6 modes is model number EHP50D1. It gives you your SpO2 and rate of your heart beat in under 10 seconds. Only push the one button to use the fingertip device. Feel confident taking your measurements anywhere, even the cockpit of a plane in the sky!
The 2-color OLED display gives you your measurements in bar graphs and waveforms. Your last waveform will be saved after the unit is turned off. It is FDA approved.
The dimensions are 3.5- x 2.5- x 2-inches weighing about 0.3 ounces. It is not water resistant.
[email protected]® provides these specifications:
- SpO2 Measuring Range: 0% -100%
- Pulse Rate Measuring Range: 30 BPM – 250 BPM
- Pulse Wave Display: columniation display and waveform display
- Power Requirements: 2 xl.5V AAA alkaline battery (or use the rechargeable battery instead); adaptable range: 2.6V-3.6V
- Power Consumption: Smaller than 30mA
- Resolution: 1% for SpO2 and 1 BPM for pulse rate
- Measurement Accuracy: ± 2% in stage of 70%-100% SpO2, and meaningless when stage being smaller than 70% ± 2 BPM or ± 2% (select larger) for pulse rate
- Measurement Performance in Weak Filling Condition: SpO2 and pulse rate can be shown correctly; when pulse-filling ratio is 0.4%. SpO2 error is ± 4%, pulse rate error is ± 2 BPM or ± 2% (select larger)
- Resistance to Surrounding Light: The deviation between the value measured in the condition of manufactured light or indoor natural light and that of a darkroom is less than ± 1%
- It is equipped with a function switch; oximeter can be powered off in case no finger is in the oximeter within 5 seconds
- Optical Sensor: Red light (wavelength is 660nm, 6.65mW); infrared (wavelength is 880nm, 6.75mW)
Gift-wrapping is available for your loved ones and sports friends. You will receive with the unit a neck/wrist cord, carrying case, and 2 AA batteries, User’s Manual with a Lifetime free replacement Guarantee.
5. Danny's World® Pediatric Finger Pulse Oximeter - Yellow Bear
Danny’s World® offers model MD300C52 for babies and young children. The yellow bear pulse oximeter will have the kids laughing with the cuteness of the device specially designed for children. Baby fingers are small, so try using the big toe. It will work.
This oximeter can be used by sports enthusiasts, climbers, joggers, elders, or anyone wanting to know their SpO2 (blood oxygen saturation levels) and PR (pulse rate) on the move or sitting still.
The unit faces you and the LED display is easy to read. Put it on your finger and press the button at the top to turn it on. The large numbers are easy to read with or without glasses.
It is portable, easy to use, and covers a child’s or adult finger. You will have 6 display modes with the unit shutting down automatically after about 8-seconds.
The dimensions are 1.9- x 1.1- x 1.1-inches and weighs about 0.8 ounces.
Gift-wrapping is available for your loved ones and sports friends. You will receive with the unit a lanyard, carrying case, rubber protective cover, 2 AA batteries, and User’s Manual. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.
6. Nonin® Medical GO2™ Achieve Personal Pulse Oximeter
The Nonin® Medical GO2™ Achieve pulse oximeter is made in Minnesota U.S.A. and the preferred oximeter by respiratory therapists than any other brand. It gives you your blood oxygen level (SpO2) and pulse rate reading. It is used by the military in aircraft. It will not break if it falls as some of the other brands will do. It will fit finger sizes for babies and adults and requires no prescription from your doctor or FDA clearance.
For those with COPD, asthma, and other lung diseases, activity is vital. It helps you to lead a fuller life to keep you healthy and strong. Activity also aids in keeping your airways clear of mucus. Mucous staying in the lungs can cause infection and pneumonia. Being active can increase the risk of your oxygen level dropping to a dangerously low level.
It seems like a double-edged sword. Not enough activity causes mucous build-up and too much activity causes oxygen levels to drop. With this best oximeter, you can monitor your oxygen levels when it doesn’t stabilize.
Its PureSAT® Technology provides superior performance when you are active for giving you accurate results. Other oximeters are not as exact and must calculate your average oxygen level over many pulses that can sometimes give false and delayed readings.
In a comparison study by Nonin® where a person’s oxygen level dropped from 98% to 74%, only the Nonin GO2™ home pulse oximeter showed the true low oxygen reading. The competitor’s pulse oximeter showed the person’s oxygen level reading dropping to 96% when the true reading was 74%.
You can check your levels while exercising, walking, biking, at home or during air travel, hiking, mountain climbing, and this unit is the best one for elders at home. The unit is durable, portable, and clips to your fingertip easily. It is superb for when your oxygen levels drop quickly, when you become breathless from activity, or when you simply want to know your oxygen rate. The Nonin® will give you a reading even if your fingers are cold. If wearing nail polish or acrylic nails, turn your finger upside down.
The dimensions are 2.8- x 1.5- x 1.1-inches weighing 1.3 ounces. The display is backlit for easy reading but does not have an alarm system.
Gift-wrapping is available for your loved ones and sports friends. It does not come with a lanyard or carrying case. It comes with 1 AAA battery and is available in blue, green, orange, pink, red, and white colors. A User’s Manual and 2-year Warranty is included. The oximeters are proudly made is the U.S.A.
7. SantaMedical™ Finger Pulse Oximeter
The SantaMedical™ SM-240 OLED displays on the screen your percent SpO2 (blood oxygen level) and PR (pulse rate). It is easy and simple to use in a silver and black color. Being lightweight and portable at 1.77 ounces with batteries installed, it uses little power for 30 hours of battery life. It will fit children, infants, and adults.
This is a wonderful oximeter to track your changes by sports people, climbers, skiers, bikers, hikers, walkers, sedentary elders, and others. It is not for medical use. This unit is inexpensive and accurate for the numbers you need to check. Adjust the finger clamp with the one button for easy use. You will find your numbers displayed in easy-to-read bright colors with the SpO2 probe, pulse rate, bar graph, and plethysmograph wave that measures your pulse strength. It will show multi-display modes for your visual perception.
- Display Type: LED
- Parameters: SpO2, PR, Pleth bar
- Information: low power
- SpO2 Measure Range: 35-99%
- Resolution: ± 1%
- Accuracy: 75%-99% ± 2, 50%-75%: ± 3, 0%-50%: unspecified
- Pulse Rate Range: 30-254 BPM
- Resolution: ± 1 BPM
- Accuracy: ± 2 BPM
- Battery Type: 2 AAA Alkaline batteries or rechargeable batteries
- Power Consumption: less than 30 mA
- Voltage: 2.6-3.6V
- Environmental Operating Temperature: 0 C-50 C
- Storage Temperature: -10 C – 60 C
- Operating Humidity: 15% RH – 95% RH
- Storage Humidity: 10% RH – 95% RH
- Alarm: No
Gift-wrapping is available for your loved ones and sports friends. You will receive with the unit a lanyard for your neck or wrist but no carrying case, 2 AA batteries, a User’s Manual, and 1-year Warranty. You can buy a case here on Amazon.com®. The oximeter is made in China.
8. Pulse Oximeter® Wrist Pulse Oximeter
The Pulse Oximeter® model CMS-50F wrist-type oximeter is great for after sports activities or using daily at home. You put your finger into the clip then read the results on the wrist band display. It comes with software and Bluetooth®. It is easy to use, and is easy and comfortable for babies, children, and adults. You can feel secure with its accurate readings for your pulse and SpO2 blood oxygen saturation.
The batteries that come with the unit are rechargeable and you will receive the download cable with software for Microsoft® Windows only.
The multidirectional 256k color OLED screen has 4 brightness levels, and comes in blue where you can read vertically or horizontally. See your pulse rate, blood oxygen saturation, pulse waveform, pulse bar graph, and battery level indicator even in the dark. When your pulse rate or oxygen saturation drops below a preset level, or when the unit is not on your finger correctly, and when the battery is low, the alarm will sound and you can see it as well.
This is perfect for sports buffs, aviation, home use, and elders. Simply plug the device into the USB port on your computer, open the software included and wait about 30 seconds or less for the results.
The SpO2 probe is suitable for family, hospital, oxygen bar, overnight sleeping, community healthcare, physical care for athletes and sports enthusiasts. The product is available for both infants and adults, depending on the type of probe used.
The device charges when connected to the computer via a data cable with a USB port or connected to the power supply using the power adaptor (included). The CMS-50F is connected with an external oximeter probe, either adult or infant with a probe jack. It can record your data and transfer it to your computer where you can analyze it.
The dimensions are 4- x 2- x 2-inches and weighs 1.8 ounces.
Pulse Oximeter® Wrist Pulse Oximeter Specifications:
- SPO2 – Digital Range: 0%-99%
- Resolution: 1%
- Accuracy: 2% (70-99%) 0-69%, unspecified
- Pulse Rate Range: 30-250 BPM
- Resolution: 1 BPM
- Accuracy: ± 2 BPM or 2%
- Measurement Performance: in low perfusion
- Oxyhemoglobin and pulse value shown accurately when pulse-filling rate is 0.4%
- Requirement: 3.6V DC-4.2V DC
- Battery Type: Interior battery, BF
- Requirement: 3.7 voltage rechargeable lithium battery (included)
- Interference resistance capacity against ambient light
- Deviation is smaller than ± 1% between value of oxyhemoglobin measured in natural lighting indoor conditions and present lighting sources and that measured in a dark room
- Operating Temperature: 10 degrees C-40 degrees C
- Storage Temperature: -40 degrees C- +60 degrees C
- Operating Humidity: 30% RH-75% RH
- Storage Humidity: 5% RH-95% RH
- Operating Pressure: 700hPa ± 1060hPa
- Storage Pressure: 500hPa ± 1060hPa
- Size: 61 x 56 x 24 mm
- Weight: 1.8 oz. (50g with lithium battery)
- Display Type: OLED
- Parameter: SpO2 (2-digit), PR (3-digit), bar graph, pleth waveform
- Adjustable brightness level
- Alarm Types: Measurement out of set limits, low voltage, finger out of position, probe off
Gift-wrapping is available for your loved ones and sports friends. You will receive with the unit a wristband, but no carrying case, 3.7-Volt rechargeable lithium battery, power adapter, data cable, software CD for Windows XP/2000/Win7 and Vista, soft fingertip SpO2 probe sensor a User’s Manual, a 30-day money back guarantee, and a 1-year Warranty.
9. HUGECARE Blue Finger Pulse Oximeter Mini USB Port
The HUGECARE finger pulse oximeter model CMS 50D+ comes with software and a USB cable to plug into your computer port. Useful to all sports devotees, climbers, bikers, boaters, and elders wanting to know their oxygen saturation and pulse rate. The display is OLED, bright, and shows the bar graph, SpO2 percent, and rate of your pulse with the multidirectional display. The oximeter does have an alarm with 6-direction display. You can wear the pulse oximeter during naps or all night with or without your CPAP machine to get detailed oximetry readings.
Load the data to your computer using Windows only to analyze in real-time and keep notes. The unit is portable and lightweight to take with you and run with you. The battery-operated unit uses low energy. The finger clip fits many finger sizes, including children. When you remove your finger, it automatically shuts off to not drain the batteries. It is FDA (FDA 510K Number: K082641) approved and can be bought without a doctor’s prescription.
The dimensions are 2.3- x 1.2- x 1.3-inches and weighs 10.4 ounces.
Gift-wrapping is available for your loved ones and sports friends. You will receive with the unit a USB cable about 3-feet long, CD software, lanyard, 2 AAA batteries, a User’s Manual and a 1-year Warranty.
10. iHealth Air® Wireless Pulse Oximeter for Apple® and Android®
The iHealth Air® oximeter model PO3 for your finger will give you exact measurement results with its wireless technology. It is FDA approved, clinically tested, and HIPAA compliant. Share the information with your doctor and family using this superb oximeter.
Trusted by doctors, the Stealth pulse oximeter gives you fast, correct vital signs readings right from your Smartphone® or tablet where you can download the app for your health vitals here.
You can store 200 readings and save your data on the oximeter. Later, send the results to your account when you have time. It will measure and track, show oxygen level, pulse rate, and your perfusion index directly from your touchscreen.
The dimensions are 7.3- x 4.5- x 6.1-inches and weighs 5.3 ounces.
The device compatibility list is shown here.
Range and Battery:
- Classification: Internally powered, type BF
- Wireless communication: Bluetooth®0 BLE
- Display system: LED
- SpO2 measuring range: 70-99%
- SpO2 accuracy: 70-99%, ± 2%; <70%, no definition
- Pulse rate measuring range: 30-250 BPM
- Pulse rate accuracy: ± 2 BPM or ± 2% larger one
- Power: Battery, 3.7V li-ion, 300 mAh
- Bulb Voltage: 3.7-Volts
Operation and Storage:
- Operating temperature: 5°C-40°C
- Operating humidity: <80%
- Storage and transport temperature: -20°C-55°C
- Storage and transport humidity: <95%
Gift-wrapping is available for your loved ones and sports friends. You will receive with the unit a USB charging cable, lithium battery, lanyard, a User’s Manual, Quick Start Guide, and a 1-year manufacturer’s Warranty.
Oximeters are not medical devices. They are used for sports, aviation, and those who want to keep track of their heart rate and oxygen level. Consult your healthcare provider for medical issues. Always wash your finger before putting it into the device.