Table of Contents
- Top 10 Office Chairs for Your Back-Pain Relief
- 1. TOPSKY® Mesh Computer Office Chair with Headrest
- 2. Merax® High-Back Leather Big Tall Executive Recliner Napping with Footrest
- 3. Raynor Ergohuman High Back Swivel Chair with Headrest
- 4. Herman Miller Aeron® Task Chair
- 5. Steelcase® Leap® Fabric Chair
- 6. AmazonBasics High-Back Executive Chair
- 7. Flash Furniture High-Back Mesh Office Chair with Headrest
- 8. Modway Articulate Mesh Office Chair
- 9. Office Star Mesh High-Back Office Chair
- 10. BOSS Office Products Drafting Stool with Foot Ring and Adjustable Arms
- Final Thoughts
For a little over $100, the AmazonBasics High-Back Executive Chair is just what I needed in my home office working at my computer all day. It comes in brown or black faux leather and I chose the luxurious brown to match my desk. With its 5 legs and wheels you are balanced never falling over when reaching or getting up. You can swivel in a circle of 360-degrees to grab something behind you, and it’s adjustable up and down to be at the right position typing or doing paperwork. Plus, I can rock it or have it stationary with many levers to do anything I want such as the tilt function. The material is super soft and wipes off with a damp cloth. The high back and padded arms are great and it will hold a person up to 250-pounds. Buy it—you’ll love it as I do!
All day sitting puts stress on your spine creating back problems. If you already have back pain and to avoid it if you do not, an ergonomic chair will provide support to your spine, butt, and have comfortable arm supports. You will be in a balanced position and you have good posture with the proper chair. One chair might not be good for another person therefore it is critically important you choose the right one for your height, weight, body shape.
Innovative chairs have adjustment knobs and levers to adjust it for your perfect fit.
A comfortable and functional ergonomic chair can be purchased for a few hundred dollars up to a thousand dollars.
|1. TOPSKY® Mesh Computer Office Chair with Headrest|
|2. Merax® High-Back Leather Big Tall Executive Recliner Napping with Footrest|
|3. Raynor Ergohuman High Back Swivel Chair with Headrest|
|4. Herman Miller Aeron® Task Chair|
|5. Steelcase® Leap® Fabric Chair|
|6. AmazonBasics High-Back Executive Chair|
|7. Flash Furniture High-Back Mesh Office Chair with Headrest|
|8. Modway Articulate Mesh Office Chair|
|9. Office Star Mesh High-Back Office Chair|
|10. BOSS Office Products Drafting Stool with Foot Ring and Adjustable Arms|
1. Features to Consider When Buying a Chair
- Seat Height should be easy for you to adjust for your comfort.
- Backrest will adjust vertically and back and forth.
- Lumbar Support will give comfortable support for your lower back.
- Arm Rests should adjust vertically for supporting lower arms and elbows; some swivel.
- Seat should be comfortable and sufficiently deep from front to back and wide for support.
- Swivel will rotate 360-degrees and have wheels that easily slide.
- Stable with 5 legs to prevent tipping over.
- Material with ample padding on the seat and back for comfort sitting all day.
- Waterfall Design for healthy blood circulation. The waterfall seat edge reduces leg pressure and overall fatigue on most office chairs unless otherwise stated.
2. Seat and Back Support Cushions
If your knees slope downward when your feet are on the floor, you might want to consider a seat cushion to give your body more height.
When the bottom of your chair is too deep creating pressure at the back of your knees, put a back cushion at the backrest that will push your body forward for better lumbar support.
Additionally, a footrest will give your feet comfort and raise your knees upward for posture and some have balls to massage the bottoms of your feet and move backward and forward. These are inexpensive from $20 to $45 on Amazon.com® and provide more ways to move while sitting under a desk or other furniture.
Top 10 Office Chairs for Your Back-Pain Relief
|Adjustable Lumbar Support||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Adjustable Seat |
|Adjustable Seat Depth||❌||❌||✅||❌||✅|
|Weight Capacity Pounds||330||250||250||350||400|
|Adjustable Lumbar Support||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|Adjustable Seat |
|Adjustable Seat Depth||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Weight Capacity Pounds||250||250||330||250||250|
1. TOPSKY® Mesh Computer Office Chair with Headrest
The TOPSKY® Company is a fairly new company in the marketplace located in Hong Kong. They offer their ergonomically designed office chair for working at your office desk, computer, or home office, model number C4C-2-Black, or C4C-2-Green on Amazon.com® at an affordable price. It is their ‘Chair for Comfy Series.’
The back frame (skeleton) is covered with a high-density mesh for allowing air to circulate to your body at all times. The back has a hanger for putting your sweater, jacket, or purse on.
For the headrest and lumbar lower back, you can adjust 2 different ways. When you push the steel base arm rest button, you can set it at your desirable height of low or high. The arm rests also swivel left to right. The chair swivels 360-degrees.
The seat is not the same mesh but a fabric that covers the foam padding for comfort. The chair will support a person weighing 220-pounds at a max capacity of 330-pounds.
The seat pan (where your bottom fits) is slightly concave (hollowed or rounded inward like the inside of a bowl) toward the middle. The seat does not move forward or backward. The chair does not rock. You could get out your drill and cut the metal plate to recreate the support bolt slots for a larger surface to sit on.
- Material Type: PP (polypropylene)
- Electroplated Feet: with 5 nylon, non-locking wheels
- Dimensions: 26-inches wide x 24-inches deep x 44.5- to 48.5-inches high
- Seat: 21-inches wide x 20.3-inches deep x 17.5- to 21-inches high
- Base Diameter: 26.4-inches
- Armrest Height: 10- to 13-inches
- Chair Weight: 39.8-pounds
Your will receive the chair and a 1-year Warranty. The assembly instructions are poorly written and you will need to tap the headrest into its slot with a hammer. You’ll figure it out. The chair is made in China.
2. Merax® High-Back Leather Big Tall Executive Recliner Napping with Footrest
The Merax® office chair is not only wonderful for the boss, it’s wonderful for anyone needing a foot rest and ability to nap after working all day and into the night. The model number PP005409BAA comes in the office favorite, black, to match décor and this chair is great for home use as well. It is a classy and elegant looking chair as sophisticated as you.
With its moveable lumbar support, you will have lower back support. The armrests are padded with 0.078-inches thick (2cm) of foam for extreme comfort of the same chair material.
Relax with the slide-out foot rest and relax for a spell before going on with your tasks felling refreshed after a short nap.
The well-appointed and comfortable chair is made of bonded faux PU (polyurethane) leather upholstery for an enjoyable snug fit in your back area. With its adjustable lumbar support, it aligns your back reducing strain on your shoulders and back for a more comfortable work experience.
You will be able to adjust the seat height with the pneumatic feature for your best feeling fit. The chair swivels 360-degrees, has nylon carpet casters non-locking, and a chrome base.
The chair meets ANSI (American National Standards Institute) and BIFMA (Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association) requirements, the furniture sustainability standards.
This chair will recline and lock in any position from full-up to full-back for the break you need.
With its lumbar pillow strapped onto it, many people like this chair for gaming too.
The chair will support a person weighing 242+-pounds.
- Seat: 18- to 20-inches high x 20-inches wide x 19-inches deep
- Back size: 29-inches high x 20-inches wide
- Armrest Height: Floor to arm top on lower position 24-1/2-inches
- Armrest Width: 3-1/4-inches in front narrowing to 2-1/4-inches in back
- Seat Between Armrests: 20-inches
- Chair Weight: 50-pounds
You will receive the chair and instructions for assembling, and a 2-year Warranty. The chair is made in China.
3. Raynor Ergohuman High Back Swivel Chair with Headrest
The Ergohuman chair model ME7ERG is a high back mesh covered ergonomic best seller with or without the headrest. The base is chrome and the color is available in black, blue, burgundy, copper, green, and gray.
Ergohuman is a Square Grove® LLC store, a leading online ergonomics provider since 2003. They have received many 5-star ratings from clients for offering world-class customer service and for selling the best ergonomic products available.
One paddle lever does all the adjustments and it’s on the right side. The back has 3 positons for the angle and locks. Use the tension control knob to select the tension you want whether firm or soft. The pneumatic cylinder quickly lowers and raises the chair. The head rest swivels forward and backward and the seat cushion will fit your needs and comfort zone. This is a great chair!
The lumbar support is adjustable for your likeness and comfort. Sit upright or recline; this chair will do it for you. The armrests pivot for the way you want them.
The overall dimensions are 26.5-inches wide by 29-inches deep by 46-inches to 52-inches tall. The seat height is 18.5-inches at low and 22.2-inches at its highest level. The seat dimensions are 20-5-inches wide by 18.5-inches deep. The back dimensions are 20.5-inches wide and 28-inches tall. The chair weighs 66 pounds and the weight limit is a 250-pound person.
You will receive instructions for minor assembly. Raynor Eurotech gives a Limited Lifetime Warranty. The chair is made in China.
4. Herman Miller Aeron® Task Chair
The Herman Miller office chairs are the premier chairs ever made! The company is located in Holland, Michigan, USA. They are pricier and worth every penny. The mesh covering breathes with you and is so comfortable! It is fully adjustable with its PostureFit® lumbar support. One size chair will not fit everyone. The Herman Miller Aeron® chair is available in 3 sizes (A, B, C) to fit everyone’s needs.
The size C large frame is graphite and the color is carbon black covering. The arms are padded and adjustable and swivel side-to-side, it tilts forward, has black rubber casters for tile or wood floors and low pile carpet, has pneumatic cylinders, with all mechanisms that easily move.
Its distinguishing looks and ergonomic design makes it fit all body sizes with extreme comfort and support not equaled by any other chair. The chair weighs 56 pounds.
Small chair size ‘A’: Height 4-feet 10-inches to 5-feet 9-inch tall person weighing 90 to 150 pounds. The chair is 38.5-inches high by 25.75-inches wide at the wheel base.
Medium chair size ‘B’: Height 5-feet 2 inches to 6-feet 6-inch tall person weighing 130 to 325 pounds. The chair is 41.1-inches high by 27-inches wide at the wheel base.
Large chair size ‘C’: Height 5-feet 3-inches to 6-feet 6-inch tall person weighing 180 to 350 pounds. The chair is 43-inches high by 28.25-inches wide at the wheel base.
The chair reclines to 3 positions being upright, mid- and full-recline. You can change the seat angle from parallel to the floor to a forward tilt of 5-degrees.
Gift-wrapping is available. The chair is very simple to put together with 4 screws and a hex key. You will receive instructions for assembly, the hex key and a 12-year Warranty. The Factory Warranty covers everything that makes a Herman Miller Office Chair, including casters, tilts, pneumatic cylinders, and all moving mechanisms. The chair is made in Michigan, USA.
5. Steelcase® Leap® Fabric Chair
The Steelcase® Leap® chair version 2 model 46216179FBL (FBL means fabric black) is the company’s number 1 ergonomic best-selling chair. Other colors available are burgundy, camel, gray, and navy blue at a slightly higher cost reason unknown. The LiveBack® technology offers you nonstop support for your back with upper and lower back adjustment levers. This will simulate your spine’s natural curvature the entire day so that you are comfortable longer. This gives any consumer a chair to support and comfort them the way they like their chair best. The NaturalGlide® feature will provide changes to your posture as you prefer it to maintain your task orientation. Leap® fabric chairs have no hazardous materials and are 90% recyclable.
With its NaturalGlide System™ you can recline and glide the seat forward for more posture adaptations with your spine meaning less static load to it. This reduces eye, arm, neck, and shoulder strain. The chair rocks and swivels and has 5 legs with hard plastic wheels (casters). The chair has adjustable arms that also swivel in or outward. This chair has all the features for keeping you cool, supported, and comfortable.
You will receive instructions for minor assembly. Steelcase® Leap® offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty for the Americas. The chair is made in the USA.
6. AmazonBasics High-Back Executive Chair
The AmazonBasics at Amazon.com® offers the executive chair in black or brown to go with your office or home décor. The chair is covered with bonded leather and PVC (polyvinylchloride). It is not authentic leather. You will experience all-day comfort with the padded seat and back support ergonomically designed with your body’s support in mind.
The seat adjusts pneumatically up and down, swivels 360-degrees, and has 5 legs for safety with wheels (casters) that roll smoothly.
The chair is completely adjustable with its butterfly seat plate. The chair is elegant to look at and luxurious to sit in keeping your back supported with the curved shape. This will align your body and your posture will be improved. The control levers let you move the seat up by simply removing your weight and pulling up on the lever to the seat height you want. If you want the chair lower, sit and pull on the lever to where you want it. You can adjust it to fit you best from 41.34- to 45.08-inches high. When the chair is raised fully, the seat base is 20-inches from the floor. The seat is 19.5-inches wide and 20-inches deep. The lowest setting is 17-1/2-inches from the floor to the level plane of the seat. The seat cushion is 21-inches wide at the widest point.
The lever lets you set the tilt of the chair to rock back and forth or remain stationary to not rock. The tilt-tension knob adjusts the tilt of the chair for the way you like to sit.
The arm rests are padded for support and comfort. The armrests are bolted to the sides of the chair and are not adjustable up and down. When the chair is fully raised, the armrests are 28-inches from the floor and about 8-inches from the seat. The chair leans forward at about 10% down grade. The tilt back is 30- to 35-degrees.
The dimensions are: 29.13-inches long by 25.59-wide by 41.34 to 45.08-inches tall. The maximum weight capacity is 250 pounds plus and will fit a 6-foot 4-inch tall person. The chair base is 26.5-inches from side-to-side.
Gift-wrapping is available. The chair requires easy assembly with the hex key included. The instructions will be with the parts attached to the back of the chair. You will receive a 1-year Limited Warranty.
7. Flash Furniture High-Back Mesh Office Chair with Headrest
The Flash Furniture executive swivel chair model number BL-X-5H-GG is contemporary with a high-back with adjustable headrest. The mesh is breathable with its ventilation holes and the chair has built-in lumbar support at about the waist on down. The high-back design relieves tension in the lower back, preventing long term strain.
The chair tilts and will lock into place where you like it best and incorporates a pneumatic height adjustment and it swivels 360-degrees. The base of the chair is chrome plated and the padded arms flip up to be out of your way. The arms also move independently both up, both down, one or the other.
You will be able to lock the tilt using the tilt tension adjustment knob. The padded seat is covered with black mesh and the seat is a “waterfall” style design for healthy blood circulation. The waterfall seat edge reduces leg pressure and overall fatigue.
The Base is heavy-duty nylon with chrome plated accents and dual wheel casters that do not lock. The foam is CA117 fire retardant.
The chair will support a person weighing 250-pounds.
- Shipping Weight: 36.22-pounds
- Seat Size: 20-inches wide x 19-inches deep
- Back Size: 20-inches wide x 30.5- to 32-inches high
- Seat Height: 18.75- to 22.5-inches high
- Arm Height from Floor: 26.5- to 30.25-inches high
- Arm Height from Seat: 7.5-inches high
- Overall Width: 25.5-inches wide
- Overall Depth: 24-inches deep
- Overall Height: 47.5- to 52.50-inches high
- Chair Weight: 34-pounds
Gift-wrapping is available for school kids, friends and others. You will receive the chair and instructions for assembling, and a 2-year Warranty. The chair is made in China.
8. Modway Articulate Mesh Office Chair
The Modway breathable mesh office chair model number EEI-757-BLK is black but checkout the fun and exciting colors on Amazon.com® to compliment your space and décor, shown below. One chair model covering is made of vinyl rather than mesh.
The back height is pneumatically controlled; the back itself and armrests are all adjustable, but the armrests do not swivel in and out. The seat back tilts about 30-degrees. The armrests are removable with the 2 screws under them.
You can adjust the back so you easily lean back and when you sit up the back returns to upright. The chair swivels 360-degrees.
The seat is filled with foam and covered with vinyl and the seat depth is adjustable. The passive lumbar support tilt helps with lower back pain. The Articulate chair provides tilt tension and tilt lock to the place you want it to stay. The seat will adjust without any seat back assembly needing to be done.
The chair is ergonomic for all-day comfort. The chair has 5 legs for stability and 5 casters with hoods over them; the wheels do not lock. You can easily glide over wood or low file carpeting with ease.
You cannot retrofit a headrest to this model chair. The chair will support a person weighing 330-pounds.
- Product Dimensions: 27.5-inches long x 26-inches wide x 37- to 41.5-inches high
- Seat Dimensions: 19-inches long x 20-inches wide x 20- to 25-inches high
- Backrest Dimensions: 16.5-inches high
- Armrest Height: 27- to 34-inches high
- Cushion Thickness: 6-inches high
- Wheel Base: 25-inches wide at widest point
- Materials: Iron, Nylon, Plywood, Polypropylene (PP)
- Chair Weight: 36-pounds
Gift-wrapping is available for sending to someone you love. You will receive the chair and the single sheet instructions for assembly will be found on the bottom of the seat. The chair is made in China.
9. Office Star Mesh High-Back Office Chair
The Office Star ProGrid high-back office chair has many chair functions to include a seat slider, forward pitch and tilt for you or your manager at the office. The model number 92892-30 will function and offer comfort at home as well. The back mesh is breathable for skin comfort. It is also available in a mid-back style, model number 92893-30.
The arms adjust for height and width with PU (polyurethane) pads. The arms are removable by taking out the bolts that hold them on. The back has built-in lumbar support at the waist to seat area. The back will recline about 40-degrees.
The seat height is done with a one-touch pneumatic type adjustment. The back of the chair is a fixed height and cannot be raised or lowered. The chair does not rock. . The chair swivels 360-degrees.
The chair is Greenguard® Air Quality Certified meaning it is tested then certified for low chemical emissions, reducing your exposure to chemicals and promoting indoor air quality.
The chair does not come with a headrest but you can retrofit one such as the Lorell LLR85562. Remove the two caps in the holes on the back and attach it.
The chair will support a person weighing 250-pounds.
- Dimensions: 29- x 26- x 42-inches
- Wheels: 5 hard plastic, non-locking
- Assembled Height: 42-inches
- Assembled Width: 26.5-inches
- Assembled Length: 27-inches
- Seat Size: 21-inches wide x 19 .5-inches deep x 3-inches high
- Back Size: 19.5-inches wide x 23-inches high
- Overall Size: 26-inches wide x 29-inches deep x 42-inches high
- Arms Max Inside: 19-inches
- Arms to Floor Minimum: 25.5-inches
- Arms to Seat Minimum: 6.75-inches
- Seat Height Minimum: 18.25-inches
- Seat Height Max: 22-inches
- Seat Travel: 3.75-inches
- Chair Weight: 47-Pounds
You will receive the chair and a Lifetime Warranty for component parts including pneumatic cylinder, control mechanism, base, and casters, and a 3-year Warranty on upholstery fabric. You will receive a User’s Manual with Allen wrench for easy assembly. The chair is made in China.
10. BOSS Office Products Drafting Stool with Foot Ring and Adjustable Arms
Boss Office Products is a division of NORSTAR, a major company in the office furniture industry. Headquartered in California with a branch in Atlanta, Georgia, BOSS Office Products has a strong base in office products across the USA.
The drafting, drawing, high-desk type chair is available with adjustable arms, loop arms, or no arms on Amazon.com® to select what works best for you. Select from black, blue, burgundy, or gray colors. The model B1616-BK is ergonomic, black tweed with adjustable arms. It is a comfortable and functional chair for sewing and crafts swiveling and rolling to and from your tabletop. The chair swivels 360-degrees.
The back is contoured to fit your upper back to relieve strain. The seat uses pneumatic gas for lifting the height of the seat. The nylon base of the chair is 27-inches for superior stability. The 5 double 2-inch wheels are hooded but do not lock. Optional glides can be used in place of casters (TU021).
For your feet, the chrome ring is 20-inches in diameter and it is removable, but not adjustable. The foot ring from the floor to the bottom of the foot ring measures 13 inches; 13.75 inches from the floor to the top of the foot ring.
The back does not adjust, there is no knee tilt to the seat, but you can set the tilt tension. It does have an upright lock, but no seat glider.
The chair will support a person weighing 250-pounds.
- Width: 25-inches
- Depth: 25-inches
- Height: 44.5-inches
- Max Height: 49.5-inches
- Back Height: 14.75-inches
- Back Width: 17.5-inches
- Seat Depth: 16.5-inches
- Seat Width: 17.5-inches
- Seat Height: 26.5- to 31.5-inches
- Arm Height: 33.5- to 41.5-inches
- Chair Weight: 60-pounds
Gift-wrapping is available for your loved ones and friends needing a drafting type chair. You will receive the chair and instructions for assembling. If you are not satisfied, send the chair back within 30 days for exchange, credit, or a refund. Shipping and handling cannot be reimbursed. The chair is made in China.
- Floormats are recommend for high pile or looped carpeting and some hardwood floors.
- The hardware for assembling your chair is attached to the chair back with instructions usually in a plastic bag.
- Stand up over the chair seat pulling the lever to raise the chair; sit on the chair to lower it.
- Use as much of the chair back for support as you can.
- Put your lower back lumbar at the curve to be comfortable and supportive.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor unless you choose to use a footrest—which I do.
- The seat (pan) of the chair should allow some space between your legs and chair sides.
- Adjust the seat pan tilt not letting it put pressure under your knees.
- Do not have the seat pulled so far forward that it puts pressure on your thigh or under your knees on the backside that can cut off circulation.
- Start out adjusting your seat height adjusting downward where your feet and legs feel comfortable. This should be a 90-degree angle or more.
- Sit back in your chair and adjust the height or depth for the lumbar support.
- If your chair reclines, set it at what’s comfortable for you.
- If your chair offers armrest adjustments, put the height, width, and inner or outer swivel to be the best for your tasks. Some people don’t have their arms on the armrests when typing or mousing, but I do and that’s the way I set mine to my desk.
- Be sure the casters have space to move smoothly, and if not, consider a chair mat at your work area space. My chair would be on high-tufted carpet and not move; therefore, I bought a plastic mat. They are also made of rubber.
Discover the magic in ergonomic chairs to feel better doing your work. The support and comfort is superb. Read customer reviews, consider your budget and check Warranties. Remember to get up and walk around every 20 minutes or so to keep yourself limber.